Vermont Workers Compensation Law
HomeAbout Erin GallivanThe Workers Comp SystemFirst StepsDenied ClaimWC BenefitsWeekly Benefits
Average Weekly WageMedical End ResultJob SearchMedical BenefitsMedical Bills Not PaidPreauthorizationPermanent Benefits
Vocational Rehabilitation Informal ConferenceFormal HearingMediationResources

Erin Gallivan, Esq.


Need more help? 

For a free consultation
Attorney Erin Gallivan

Even if you are not sure you 
need or want a lawyer​, 
feel free to contact me

call:  802-747-0610 

​or email

Meub Gallivan & Larson
65 Grove Street
Rutland, VT 05701
(802) 747-0610

Disclaimer:  The information and material on this website are provided for information purposes only and should not be considered "legal advice." Access to the information on this website and/or sending an e-mail through this website does not establish an attorney-client relationship. I strive to maintain accurate information on this website, but errors or omissions may be present. The law is constantly changing and the outcome of a particular case depends on the facts and circumstances of that case.

Confused?  Have more questions?  CLICK HERE to contact Attorney Erin Gallivan.  
Erin Gallivan represents people throughout Vermont including:

Rutland and Rutland County, including Benson,Brandon, Castleton, Chittenden, Clarendon, Danby, Fair Haven, Hubbardton, Ira, Killington, Mendon, Middletown Springs, Mount Holly, Mount Tabor,Pawlet, Pittsfield, Pittsford, Poultney,Proctor, Rutland, Shrewsbury, Sudbury, Tinmouth, Wallingford, Wells, West Haven, West Rutland.  

Middlebury and Addison County: Addison, Bridport, Bristol, Cornwall, Ferrisburgh, Goshen, Granville, Hancock, Leicester, Lincoln, Middlebury, Monkton, New Haven, Orwell, Panton, Ripton, Salisbury, Shoreham, Starksboro, Vergennes, Waltham,Weybridge Whiting

Bennington and Bennington County, including Arlington, Bennington, Dorset, Glastenbury, Landgrove, Manchester, Peru, Pownal, Readsboro, Rupert, Sandgate, Searsburg, Shaftsbury, Stamford, Sunderland, Winhall, Woodford

Windsor County - Andover, Baltimore, Barnard, Bethel, Bridgewater, Cavendish, Chester, Chester Depot, Hartford, White River Junction, Wilder, Hartland, Ludlow, Ludlow Village, Norwich, Plymouth, Pomfret, Reading, Rochester, Royalton, Sharon, Springfield, Stockbridge, Weathersfield, Perkinsville, West Windsor, Weston, Windsor, Woodstock and Woodstock Village
Chittenden County - Bolton, Burlington, Charlotte, Colchester, Essex, Essex Junction, Hinesburg, Huntington, Jericho, Milton, Richmond, Shelburne, South Burlington, St. George, Underhill, Westford, Williston and Winooski.

Windham County - Athens, Brattleboro, West Brattleboro, Brookline, Dover, Dummerston, Grafton, Guilford, Algiers, Halifax, Jamaica, Londonderry, Marlboro, Newfane, Newfane Village, Putney, Rockingham, Bellows Falls, Saxtons River, Somerset, Stratton, Townshend, Harmonyville, West Townshend, Vernon, Wardsboro, Westminster, North Westminster, Whitingham, Jacksonville, Wilmington, Windham and South Windham 

Orange County - Bradford, Braintree, Brookfield, Chelsea, Corinth, Fairlee, Newbury, Orange, Randolph, Strafford, Thetford, Topsham, Tunbridge, Vershire, Washington, West Fairlee and Williamstown
Washington County - Barre, Websterville, Berlin, Cabot, Cabot Village, Calais, Duxbury, East Montpelier, Fayston, Marshfield, Marshfield Village, Middlesex, Montpelier, Moretown, Northfield, Northfield Village, Plainfield, Roxbury, Waitsfield, Warren, Waterbury, Waterbury Village, Woodbury and Worcester

Caledonia County - Barnet, Burke, West Burke, Danville, Groton, Hardwick, East Hardwick, Mackville, Kirby, Lyndon, Lyndonville, Lyndon Center, East Lyndon, Newark, Peacham, Ryegate, Sheffield, St. Johnsbury, St. Johnsbury Center, Stannard, Sutton, Walden, Waterford and Wheelock
Medical End Result (also called Maximum Medical Improvement and Medical End Point)
This means your condition is stable and there is no further treatment which will improve your condition.  This is a determination that must be made by a doctor.  

After you reach medical end you can still get treatment for pain or to help you remain functional (called "palliative care"), such as medications, chiropractic care, acupuncture or physical therapy.

Once you are at medical end result the insurance company can file a Form 27 with the Vermont Department of Labor tp terminate your Weekly Benefits.

This is also the point at which the assessment of permanency is done for Permanency Benefits.

If an insurance company doctor says you are at Medical End Point, and your treating doctor disagrees, you need to get something in writing from your treating doctor and file it with the VT Department of Labor.