Need more help? 

For a free consultation contact:

Attorney Erin Gallivan

  • Facebook - White Circle

Even if you are not sure you need or want a lawyer, feel free to contact me.


(802) 747-0610

Meub Gallivan & Larson

65 Grove Street, Suite 2

Rutland, VT 05701

(802) 747-0610

Copyright 2019

Designed by ORAWeb

  • Erin Gallivan

Can I Get Reimbursed for Travel to Medical Appointments?

Updated: Jun 17, 2019


Under Worker's Compensation Rule 4, when an injured worker is required to travel for medical treatment, medical exams, IMEs, and/or vocational rehabilitation related appointments, the injured worker is entitled to reimbursement for mileage, meals, and overnight accommodation.

You must provided reasonable documentation to the insurance company.

The insurance company is required to pay the reimbursement within 21 days of receiving the written request. Make copies of everything you submit the insurance company to make sure your reimbursement is paid in a timely manner.

Want to know more about the benefits you are eligible for under Vermont workers comp laws?

Review the resources on my site.

#workerscompbenefits #vermontworkerscomp