Need more help? 

For a free consultation contact:

Attorney Erin Gallivan

  • Facebook - White Circle

Even if you are not sure you need or want a lawyer, feel free to contact me.


(802) 747-0610

Meub Gallivan & Larson

65 Grove Street, Suite 2

Rutland, VT 05701

(802) 747-0610

Copyright 2019

Designed by ORAWeb

Vocational Rehabilitation

If your work injury prevents you from returning to work for which you have previous training or experience and which also pays close to the pay you were making before the injury, you may be entitled to Vocational Rehabilitation ("VR") services.  VR consists of working with a VR counselor to develop a plan for training, education, job placement or on-the-job training to help you return you to suitable employment.  However, VR services are not intended to guarantee that you will find a suitable job.


Not all injured workers are entitled to VR services.  A VR counselor must conduct an Entitlement Assessment to determine whether an injured worker is entitled to VR services.


If you have been receiving TTD benefits (weekly benefits or wage replacement) for 90 days and are not working, or it is clear you will not be able to return to your old job, you should get Vocational Rehabilitation services. You should contact the Vermont Department of Labor and asked to be screened for VR services.


You have the right to choose your own VR counselor or change counselors by filing a VR Form 8. The Vermont Department of Labor maintains a list of approved VR counselors. You could also call a workman's comp lawyer or contact me for suggestions for good VR counselors.